Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What Would I Tell America's Founding Fathers?

Author's Note: Few people might think that when the Declaration of Independence was written it was just a few men writing what they feel is right but no, it was in a room where a whole group of men where arguing and talking and deciding what to write to thing king but there where a few men that stood out.

The Founding fathers where John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington. What would I tell America’s founding fathers? Would they ask what the country is like today? Not many people know who the founding fathers are or what they did to help this country. I think that everybody who lives in America and is an American should know about them.

Now each father had a big part in the in the U.S. Confederation, Thomas Jefferson who wrote the Declaration of Independance was serving as ambassador to France at the time of the convention. John Adams wrote “Defense of the Constitution of the Government of the United States of America.” The founding fathers were many different types of people like soldiers, diplomats, politicians, or any ordinary citizen. The most importants types where Signers and Framers. They all took part in winning American independence and creating the United States of America. If I could ask a question to the founding fathers I would ask if it was really true if regular ordinary citizens helped create and form America. I know it’s because of the citizens that there is still an America today but I mean was there people actually being able to maybe suggest to write something down on the Declaration of Independance like how did it exactly work?

Now the most important founding father was obviously George Washington the first president but what did he do for this country? George Washington was a Commander in Chief of the colonial forces in the American Revolution. Many soldiers gave up but George was determined to free America and fought on. After they had won the war against the British George washington was elected to be the first president of the United States of America. Washington served his country with honor, pride, and dignity. John Adams was known to be the next president. If I had to pick a favorite founding father it would be George Washington without a doubt. I’m sure most everybody would choose the same but he is like a role model to me like he is for the rest of the presidents. If I could talk to George Washington I would tell him that I want to be just like him, a leader who never gives up and always fights for what he loves and what is right.

I know I didn’t have much to say to the rest of the founding fathers so I’m going to say something as if I was truly talking to them. I would say thank you for all the love and support you put into our country and it is a true honor to meet my heroes. I’m not sure if the United States today is the United States you dreamed of but if it wasn’t for you we wouldn’t have such a great country. Free, safe, and well taken care of because of you. Thank you for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Tara,

    Nice conclusion! Throughout the story, you gave a little detail about the founding fathers. Make sure that you give more detail to help understand the reader more. Also, make sure that you organize your paragraphs because to me they were all over the place. Make sure that you organize those more. Also, make sure you have correct punctuation. There were easy mistakes that could be fixed. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete