Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Knowing Our World


Author’s Note: Writing this was  not the easiest thing for me to do but I felt like I needed to let it in, and then let it out. This is a reminder of what happens in our so called, ordinary world.

Crazy, inhumane, dreadful, careless, these are just a fraction of the words that would describe our world. One thing for sure is that human beings really are interesting creatures, we steal, kill, hit, and many other things to each other. Of course there are more people who are still in their right mind, but even just one person who does these things is too much, and there are countless people who are doing these things every day. There are bad things in the world that we cannot afford to miss out on helping out.

One morning I came from school and noticed that the living room TV was on the news channel and I did not like what I saw. There was people running, screaming, people were hurt and the news reporters said that there was two bombs that went off during a marathon in Boston, Massachusetts, a proud day for Americans. I was just shocked as I watched two bombs go off on TV, where there were people cheering on the runners for one moment then everything turns into chaos in another. As time went by slowly, I watched as the number hurt keeped increasing. I looked on CNN and I found that the number hurt was at over 140 people total and only three were killed (CNN). There are bad things in the world that we cannot afford to miss out on helping out.

Now, the bombing was one of the worst thing that happened for the year, but there are more bad things, for instance there were three girls that got kidnapped ten years ago and just got found. This rescue happened because one of the girls hailed a neighbor and called 911 (The Washington Post). This completely came out of nowhere for me and I feel absolutely sorry for these poor girls. One of the young ladies was severely beaten and needs face reconstruction. She won’t have contact with her family because she was on the list as a runaway and they took her off the list, in other words they gave up on her. I don’t know what is worse, getting beaten for ten years or know that you were givin up upon your own family. I, on the other hand, would never give up looking if there wasn’t undeniable proof of my friend’s or children’s death.

I really didn’t even want to mention Human Trafficking, but I think that it is necessary since it is a very important problem in our world. As I mentioned before that the girls got kidnapped well that was an example of human trafficking. There are more people in slavery now than there ever has been in human history (ywca), which I had a hard time believing that, but I guess it would make sense with the increased population over the years.

All this and much more happens every day, every hour, every second. There is the saying that states, “Every second there is a child born.”. Which is true but another saying that is true is, “Every second somebody dies.”. No matter what the cause is it really matters that we know that these things happen and we must do everything we can to help, whether it is praying for them, or giving some money to a fund for them, for the people who have lost close ones, and who have almost lost their lives.



Bibliography:

No comments:

Post a Comment