Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fitness & Health


Author's Note: This is my essay that I had to write for gym and I thought that it would be a good piece since there are some good uses of punctuation in here.

I feel very good about myself when gym is over; I try to use my very best effort in everything that we do, yet I know that there are people who really don’t like gym because they think that it is hard. Even though I agree with this, I feel physical activity really is a good thing. I don’t understand the people that hate gym class because I really do love it. Most of the time we get to play fun sports that I can never play anywhere else.

Now,I know that a reason a lot of people don’t like gym is because that it is tiring and they basically don’t like to exercise, however I believe that gym is the only reason that I am not too much over weight and the same goes for almost everybody else in school. Sure, some people do sports, but for those who don’t want to participate in a sport or can’t, they are lucky to have physical education class, otherwise we could all be overweight and lazy. I know that every time gym is over I have a really good feeling about myself because I tried. Everything is planned out and organized. We will work on endurance, strength, then speed, and we play games that go along with all of these skills. Gym isn’t all about just getting into shape because it also helps me socially. My friends and I have become closer with having to learn how to work together to successfully accomplish the task given us. For example when we play capture the kettlebell we tell each other to watch different parts of the gym or try to save each other from jail.

As I said before, a lot of people dislike gym class, not realizing that it does so much to prepare them for their future socially as well as, physically. We are more unlikely to have back problems when we practice doing sit ups because basically our bones are going to feel a lot stronger when we get older. If we didn’t exercise or do any type of stretches, then our bones and muscles would ache  and we would be very weak and unhealthy. Of course, some people do have trouble in gym because they have asthma, like I do, or are already overweight and have a much harder time. I remember I used to run like a horse, but then in fifth grade I got pneumonia and my lungs were damaged. Now, I have trouble breathing just after a short sprint or jog, but I have gotten better in the last two years. This improvement is seen in the goals we set for ourselves in class. Also, I am a little overweight  although I have lost a little and I realize it is the result of the physical activity I use in phy ed class.

I don’t know what I would do without gym. It gives me a chance to go outdoors and play sports and just basically have fun with my friends. I feel sorry for those people who hate gym and I will never understand why they feel that way. Plus it is the only class that I can forget about everything else that is happening outside of class, whether I have an essay due or a presentation due next class, in gym I release all the stress I have within the activities we do.. Sure doing the mile and the pacer isn’t all that great, but I like it because every year we get to see how much more stronger and faster we grow throughout the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment